The Kage MQ LT is available in five sizes from a 1000 model for panfish and smaller freshwater fish to the KGTMQ4000D-CXH which fits the bill nicely for inshore applications and larger freshwater fish. The Kage MQ LT is rich in its feature set.
First, the reel series features a one-piece MONOCOQUE Zaion body that allows more space in the reel body for larger gears that allow more torque and power from the get-go at the same gear ratios of competitive reels.
The Kage family of reels is also Magsealed, features an Air Rotor and Air Bail, A7075 aircraft grade aluminum Digigear technology, Advanced Tournament Drag (ATD), Kage logoed premium cork handle knobs, and a machined aluminum screw-in handle.
- MONOCOQUE (MQ) - MQ Body takes reel design to the next level. The MQ system does not require a body cover, instead using an engine plate to screw directly to the body. Eliminating the need for screws to hold a body cover in place. MQ body improves the strength of the reel, it also improves the water-resistance of the body and allows a larger diameter drive gear to be installed.
- ATD DRAG - Daiwa’s Automatic Tournament Drag uses an improved drag grease that exhibits a low viscosity at rest, yet becomes more viscous immediately after drag start up. This reduces initial drag start-up inertia and combined with the structural changes of the ATD Drag System results in a smoother drag from the initial hook up.
- ZAION BODY - A high-density resin and carbon material, Zaion resists corrosion, and exceeds the strength of traditional reel body materials such as magnesium and alloy.
- FREE FLOATING SPOOL - Daiwa's unique system floats the spool independently on precision, stainless steel ball bearings. The pinion rides it's own separate shaft, allowing the spool to spin freely, unhampered by gear train friction when casting.
Model, Bearing, Gear Ratio, Mono Capacity, Weight (oz)
- KGMQLT1000D-XH, (3CRBB+4BB)+1, 6.2 : 1, 4/250-6/160, 5.5
- KGMQLT2000D-XH, (3CRBB+4BB)+1, 6.2 : 1, 4/340-6/220, 5.6
- KGMQLT2500D-XH, (4CRBB+3BB)+1, 6.2 : 1, 8/240-10/210, 6.7
- KGMQLT3000D-XH, (5CRBB+2BB)+1, 6.2 : 1, 10/280-12/220, 7.6
- KGMQLT4000D-CXH, (5CRBB+2BB)+1, 6.2 : 1, 10/360-14/250, 7.9