Throughout this 5 hours course, the instructor will explain the basic concepts and fundamentals of Tightline Nymphing. You should bring the following items: Waders, Boots, Rods, Reels, and appropriate clothing. If you do not have any of these, please let us know and we will provide it for you.
Refreshments will be provided during the course.
Ben John will be the instructor running the course in Lancaster.
You will need to bring with you a PA fishing license.
Millport Conservancy/Lititz Run
737 East Millport Road
Lititz, PA 17543
- Class includes stream side instruction
- Outfit selection
- Breaking down length rod and reel, line/mono, leader, sighter, tippet
- Fly selection size and weight(why tying your own flies will kick your experience up a notch)
- Technique and how to troubleshoot every missed fish
- Learning the importance of when to use mono rig or pvc fly line.
- Tying everything together on the stream
- Casting Techniques
- Stream study
- Reading the stream
- Identifying the sweet spot in each pocket of water
- Wading for the perfect drift
- Reaching the next level and using streamers when you know the "donkey" is in the hole and not biting